Here is a little clip of the boys playing 'soccer' with Daddy. You also get an *awesome* glimpse of Harper's attitude which is about as awesome as the sound of the 'bee' horns blaring at the World Cup. I now know they are called vuvuzelas (thanks to my brother-in-law, Will).
To all you moms out there... what do you do about your child's whining? It gets on my last nerve. I do not want to have a whiny child, and this takes diligence. I know a lot of it is attention seeking, but still, it is not right. I am going to re-read Shepherding A Child's Heart by Ted Tripp again. I read it when Harper was at the endearing age of 8 months old. Thought I would "prepare." Yeah, that was back when I thought I knew it all and she was so sweet & endearing (she still is... just has her moments -which seem to becoming more & more frequent). So, please pass along your advice...
Also, after a sickness, do you, too have to start at square 1 on re-training with behavior? Or is it just our family?
Here's to a great week!
ML
PS... we are all on the mend. I'm getting in bed RIGHT now, and hope to be asleep by 9:45!
4 comments:
oh my goodness, i know she's whining, but her little voice is seriously cute! love it!
they are all so BIG!!! i know uncle will is so proud of their mad soccer skills too :]
All mine were 20 months apart and I've always said the middle one was so easy and he always entertained himself, very very quite. Well...recently I watched a bunch of old baby videos and he was whining in just about all of them. I must have just shut it out. Poor boy. Never got my attention. Oh well, made him independent. lol! Love the posts! love the babies.
Your children are adorable! So sorry to hear that you've all been under the weather lately, I know that takes a big toll on Mama.
Here's a great site with loads of helpful info. on Godly child-rearing. I know the whining can be frustrating, but with a little work and consistency (okay, a LOT, lol!), you will have adorable non-whining kiddos that are a joy to be around. It's been a tremendous help to our family, anyway! :)
http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/
Birdy
Post a Comment